Thursday, May 31, 2012

Okay, so of course the past 2 days since seeing the cancer doc I have been pretty bummed.  I don't remember the last time I have felt like this and it really is not cool and it is not me.  I really have not felt like listening to anyone else's problems, give any advice or really leave my house.  However, I have continued to do all of the above despite the way I felt.  I must say, I am very thankful that I have a purpose in life because without having to care for other people and interact with others I would probably wallow in my own self pity, which again is not cool and is not me.  Bible study last night was AWESOME!  My husband is an amazing teacher. He makes the Bible seems so real.  His topic was Divine Forgiveness (which also happens to be the title of my second book).  While talking about forgiveness we traveled over to a discussion about how God is able to do things that our minds cannot fathom.  One woman said, " we run around here worrying about things that we have no control over when we are supposed to put all of our trust in God and stop worrying about it."  Of course Albert looked right at me when she said that.  I know, I thought.  I know.

This morning as I was on the elliptical machine watching the news I saw where a man in Washington State (I think) killed 6 people yesterday then himself (7 dead), an 18 wheeler somewhere else crashed into a car killing 5 people yesterday (5 more dead), an 18 wheeler crashed south of Montgomery yesterday killing 1 (1 more dead), a coach from Choctaw County and his son were killed on the way to Disney last week (2 more dead).  I immediately thought, Wow, these people did not even have a chance to fight for their lives.   I have the opportunity to fight and will do so!  This little bit of cancer will not win!  We are supposed to die to the flesh daily; well this illness is a part of my flesh.  Daily I pray for it's complete destruction with no chance of recurring anywhere else in my body.  Please pray with me and over your own situations as well.  "I am more than a conqueror!!!!"

AMEN!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I admire your strength. Your ability to remain positive at such at trying time is amazing and the fact that you are willing to share your emotions with the world as they occur is truly inspiring. I have full faith that your love,faith and dedication will prevail.

    ReplyDelete